My husband, Jesus and original sin
Well here it is (a little background first)...my husband and his mentor (another protty) have argued with me a "papist" (really I haven't converted yet because divorce was threatened upon me while I was pregnant with our 3rd whom I had 4 mo. ago) about the following...to which they believe and hold to...

a) the church ceased being in its pure form and has been corrupted since 325A.D. since it started "fornicating with the state)
b) praying outside the trinity to saints and Mary is in reality talking to devils
c) that the Trad Anglicans (those that don't condone homosexuality and female priests) are the best that one can do since the church is totally in chaos and wrecked
d) that the church is invisible today even though before 325A.D. it was visible this is because the visible sacramental churches are so unlike the "early church"
e) that I'm going to be judged as whether I was obedient to my spiritual head my husband and not whether I become Roman Catholic as I believe is the truth
f) that the doctrine of transubstantiation is "gnostic" because it denies the physical reality of the bread and wine also present
g) Mary had other children
h) Mary was not immaculately conceived since the scriptures say "all have sinned"
i) last but certainly not least that Jesus himself since he took his human nature from his mother and she was a sinner (see "h") had original sin and was equal to us yet didn't "actually" sin

Oh and the Papacy is a later invention-(this from some writings by Pope Gregory the Great that my husband claims he rails against the idea of a "universal bishop"), and the RCC is the whore of babylon the mother of all harlots (protty denominations)

I'm not sure what to say to them since they keep just mocking me and reminding me I'm a woman and supposed to be subordinate to my husband. And that I shouldn't be "getting my doctrine" from the internet ie you all or catholic.com. They've read alot of the Ante-Nicene writings in the Ergmen series and because of this claim they are early church in their beliefs.

This is what they mainly talk about ALL THE TIME. This guy (my husband's mentor) is writing some book on divorce remarriage claiming the man can get remarried but not the woman because she's a woman in the case of adultery even. (I hold the view of the Shepherd of Hermas (since they need some "early church" source for my reason)  that neither can remarry unless their spouse is dead). I'm tired of being mocked, hassled, and yelled at because they ask my opinion just so it seems they can throw it down and stomp on it. It's really annoying. My husband I know would not have half of the opinions he holds now without the influence of this other guy who's like 10 years older than him. I'm just pissed off and don't know what to do. I want to convert but I'm attacked all the time with this protty garbage...what to do?

tradmom

Messages In This Thread
My husband, Jesus and original sin - by traditionalmom - 01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Re: My husband, Jesus and original sin - by Cetil - 01-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Re: My husband, Jesus and original sin - by Rock - 01-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Re: My husband, Jesus and original sin - by libby - 01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Re: My husband, Jesus and original sin - by libby - 01-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Re: My husband, Jesus and original sin - by libby - 01-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Re: My husband, Jesus and original sin - by Rock - 01-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Re: My husband, Jesus and original sin - by Rock - 01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Re: My husband, Jesus and original sin - by Rock - 01-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Re: My husband, Jesus and original sin - by Rock - 01-13-2011, 05:17 PM