There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-20-2011, 10:38 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 10:18 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 05:36 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: Quis: Do you think people are born with homosexual tendency's?

My personal opinion is that it is a mixed bag.  Some people are born that way, others come to be that through their environment, and for others it's a kink or fetish.  I don't think there is a single reason people are attracted to the same sex.

Quote:And do you have a personal bias you wish to reveal  that might make it hard for you to concede certain points? (ie / a friend , acquaintance or family member who self Identifys as a homosexual)

I know people who identify as homosexual but they aren't close friends - more like acquaintances.  As far as in the family, no, I don't know anyone who is - not in the immediate family, cousins, etc.

To answer your quesiton, I don't think that biases me any more than the fact I know people who are Protestants, thieves, Zoroastrians, liars, etc.  Right is right, wrong is wrong, and Catholic theology is what it is.  We can't make the theology say what we want to fit our own biases.
fair enough, so then those you say are born with these desires are made by God that way, therefore having sex with their own gender is no sin?

No, I would not say that.  First of all, that would be heresy.  Secondly, to use a similar example, being born horny doesn't make lust not a sin, does it?

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Historian - 02-21-2011, 12:26 AM