This Fr. Z post made my "fraud radar" go off Fr. Z manipulates the Pope
(03-29-2011, 12:42 AM)Gerard Wrote: 1) Fr. Z is spreading rumors and naming the names of the Cardinals involved in undermining the Holy Father and the TLM (Canizares & Levada.)  Fr. Z went out of his way not to name Fr. Corapi when discussing his public statements but naming Cardinals in rumors is somehow okay. That struck me as fishy as if the whole thing is a trial balloon. I suspect Canizares & Levada are playing "heavies" to trads but they are not really in eyes of the Pope or the rest of the heirarchy.  Canizares is known as "little Ratzinger" "I learned a lot in the years I worked by his side as member of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. It is a gift of God to have worked for him and a gift of God to feel so profoundly linked to Peter in the figure of Benedict XVI.--Canizares Zenit interview 3/1/06
yeah this is totally inappropriate - dose Fr Z have psychic powers (as he questions in that other piece you linked)? He's always publicly gone after priests or others whom he felt deserved it, you're a liberal priest - trained to be like that in seminary (so its not totally the priest fault) - in blahblah doing your thing, instead of getting a stern call from your bishop to correct yourself you instead get flooded by emails, mail, and phone calls being called a heathen heretic and repent or burn originating from some internet blog. But I think he views himself as a "journalist" so whatev

(03-29-2011, 12:42 AM)Gerard Wrote: 3) Fr. Z strangely asks for "prayers for the Holy Father" and "confusion" (not conversion) for his enemies. Not a big deal but strange, "confusion" would not have come to mind as my first intention concerning enemies.   

4) Those enemies by the way, are the very Cardinals (Levada) that the Holy Father elevated to positions where they could undermine him.
heh, reminds me how he once posted a Gulf War picture of the USS Iwoa(?) firing its main guns and praising it "educating" Iraqis by doing so

Messages In This Thread
Re: This Fr. Z post made my "fraud radar" go off Fr. Z manipulates the Pope - by Historian - 03-29-2011, 06:39 AM