This Fr. Z post made my "fraud radar" go off Fr. Z manipulates the Pope
(03-29-2011, 08:41 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Take it for what it's worth.  This is what I heard and I believe it's true.  Seriously, Lavender Levada?

++Levada was promoted out of the way.  Most of the work is done by the Holy Father himself who works long days like an Enlightenment despot.

The "promoted out of the way" is one of the all time whoppers of spin.  If only Paul VI had thought to "promote" Archibshop LeFebvre "out of the way" by making him head of the CDF. 

Levada is now "out of the way"  by supposedly intercepting and changing documents and Fr. Z whispers in the ears of a German who winks at the Pope to tell him to read something carefully so it doesn't get rammed through?  That's the Pope's master plan? 

No. I don't buy that.  I don't doubt the heterodoxy or the anti-traditionalist slant of Levada,  I'm just saying he's not at the opposite pole of the Holy Father as Fr. Z is trying to portray.  This is all a bit of rumor-theater in order to keep trads on edge, like I described, "gnostic-teasing." 

Without Snidely Whiplash Levada twirling his mustache, the Holy Father would look more like a blatant liberal.  This bit of "news" is coincidentally coming off the heels of several months of liberal pandering of the Holy Father.  It's his Hegelian two-step if you ask me and it's an abuse of the faithful by trying to influence them through PR instead of truth and evangelization. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: This Fr. Z post made my "fraud radar" go off Fr. Z manipulates the Pope - by Gerard - 03-29-2011, 09:33 AM