His Holiness' Veneration of the Cross
(04-22-2011, 10:54 PM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(04-22-2011, 10:49 PM)Christus Imperat Wrote:
(04-22-2011, 12:40 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: I just turned on EWTN and see that His Holiness is wearing a fiddleback and appears to be saying the prayers for the Veneration of the Cross in Latin.  I'm presuming this isn't the norm - but I don't know much about His Holiness' liturgical celebrations I suppose.

Is this as full of win as I seem to think it is?

From what I've seen of the Holy Father's liturgies, he seems to have his own reform of the reform.  Often he uses traditional Gregorian ordinaries.  The Masses are dignified and aesthetically well-ordered.  Of course, we all look forward to the day we have a Solemn Pontifical Mass offered by Pope Benedict now gloriously reigning...

Does that mean today's liturgical goings-on were expected?  Was this better than might have been expected?  I just thought seeing this was quite positive - though I don't really keep up with things as well as I could...the Tank and the occassional RealCatholicTV.com video are my main sources of Church-related news.

3Sanctus, I would greatly recommend that you visit the worthwhile blog site entitled, New Liturgical Movement on a regular basis. The Papal Masses of His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI are consistently covered and the traditional elements you witnessed apparent in the Good Friday Service are a regular occurrence during the Masses of the Holy Father.
http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/

Messages In This Thread
Re: His Holiness' Veneration of the Cross - by PA650 - 04-23-2011, 04:04 AM