Another EENS, please be patient...
(06-06-2011, 04:26 PM)Doce Me Wrote: Baptism of desire is an exception, a substitute God provides under exceptional circumstances.  As an exception it is not always mentioned everywhere baptism of water is mentioned - e.g. in the Creed.

Question #1) Please describe what an "exceptional circumstance" is to God.

Question #2) Also I am asking for you to describe any event whatsoever that God has not foreseen from all eternity.

Folks who adhere to BOD seem to think that there can actually be such a thing as an unforeseen event, circumstance or accident with God - as though He either makes an "oops!" or He would unjustly snatch a sincere person from this earth before that person can get baptized. What is undeniable is that those in the BOD camp make human reason prevail over faith, and the human laws of probability / possibility over the Providence of God.

I agree with Fr. Feeney when he says that "there is no one about to die in the state of justification whom God cannot secure Baptism for, and indeed, Baptism of Water. The schemes concerning salvation, I leave to the sceptics. The clear truths of salvation, I am preaching to you."

BOD, IMO, forgets, denies or perverts Divine Providence all together. The undeniable realty is, that it is no more difficult for God to supply water and a minister than it is for Him to change His law and allow one to slip into salvation via a "good intention". (Whatever happened to "the road to hell is paved with good intentions?) Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns: and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not you of much more value than they?

(06-06-2011, 04:26 PM)Doce Me Wrote: Denying baptism of desire is denying one manifestation of God's mercy.  It is also denying God's justice - He does not condemn a man to eternal torment who has no original sin, and who dies in the state of sanctifying grace. It is by God's unfailing goodness and justice - not by a binding power over Him - that He does good to those who are good, and gives punishment only to those who are evil. 

Actually, by denying bod, one supports the dogma on baptism which has been defined infallibly numerous times. 
God is not bound by His own laws and I don't think that is in question whatsoever, it is we who are bound by His laws - when He said "water", we'd be foolish to think He would deny anyone water who was truly in need of it - regardless of circumstance that we perceive to be "exceptional".

IMO what absolutely and positively would prove to be an exceptional circumstance, would be for anyone who has never even had any of the Sacraments to actually make a perfect act of love or contrition. Should such an exceptional event occur, there is no way for anyone to know if the act was perfect..........yet BOD folks judge - not only that the act to be perfect, but also in their false usurpation of the presumption of Divine justice, they also grant salvation based on this act which they assume is certainly perfect, regardless of the fact that they could in no way know if it was perfect.

The fact that the Church requires every mortal sin committed to be confessed, whether one is perfectly sorry for it or not, shows the Church has a maternal suspicion of this perfect act of love of God obtaining forgiveness apart from the Sacrament of forgiveness instituted by Christ.

Messages In This Thread
Another EENS, please be patient... - by Gregory I - 05-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-14-2011, 02:43 AM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Stubborn - 06-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 06-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 06-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 06-23-2011, 02:53 AM