Another EENS, please be patient...
I am well aware that the Pope does not need to exercise his sovereign authority to be binding on the faithful! THat is what I have been saying, the ORDINARY magisterium, like an encyclical or an apostolic constitution or such.

Where is BOD in any of THESE documents? Apparently nowhere.

What you posted:

""The Pope, in fact, to control and impose his will on the universal Church, does not need each time to use his sovereign power to the highest degree. He has ordinary and immediate power of all the faithful. unquestionably, he has full authority to teach the universal Church, without having to resort each time to the solemn definition. the teaching of the Pope, though not guaranteed by infallibility, is no less sovereign authorized in the Church : it is the teaching of the doctor and the supreme pastor of all Christians, this sovereign right in the head of the Church leads the faithful to the strict obligation to receive this direction with all subjection, perfect obedience. "

(Value of doctrinal and disciplinary decisions of the Holy See, RP Choupin Lucien, doctor of theology and canon law, p36.)

Is simply saying we need not rely on the solemn magisterium alone. BUT I HAVE NOT. I have been asking for acts of the ORDINARY magisterium. Encyclicals, Apostolic Constitutions. THere is more evidence of Limbo in the Ordinary Magisterium, than BOD.

PRIVATE letters from the Pope to another bishop or small group of Bishops do not constitute acts of the magisterium, because they do not intend to teach the universal church.

Capiche?

That sais, I have not seen any documentation from the ordinary magisterium. I have seen some theological speculation from Theologians who have contradicted themselves, and Popes who have done the same.

But where ON PAPER in the ORDINARY magisterium is BOD? Nowhere so far. :) AN encyclical, an apostolic constitution, a Papal Bull, an ecumenical council or in the acts of an ecumenical council? Nadda.

In fact, what part of "Baptism is made obligatory on all those whoa re to be saved" is vague? That's the Catechism of the Council of Trent.

Messages In This Thread
Another EENS, please be patient... - by Gregory I - 05-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-14-2011, 02:43 AM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 05-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 06-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 06-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Gregory I - 06-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - by Pheo - 06-23-2011, 02:53 AM