Rome’s exorcist finding Bl. John Paul II effective against Satan.
(05-18-2011, 10:44 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(05-18-2011, 06:55 AM)Mhoram Wrote: If a pope, knowing that death is approaching, surrounded by priests and with millions of people praying for him daily, can't make that system work for himself, something is seriously wrong.

That's not a given.

The "system" is not to be blamed if a person dies in impenitence. A pope has all the means at his disposal to die the death of a just man but that doesn't mean he will inevitably make use of them otherwise all popes down in history would have been saints and blessed.

I don't think Mhoram was saying a pope will thus be inevitably taken directly to heaven.  A pope concerned only with temporal things, for example.  But a pope, no matter his flaws, if he can commend himself to God, confess, and receive the indulgences, is obviously in a good place to go to Heaven directly. 

No matter my disagreements or the concerns about Pope John Paul II, I don't doubt he would have commended himself to God, as I'm sure he did probably all the time throughout his life.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Rome’s exorcist finding Bl. John Paul II effective against Satan. - by newyorkcatholic - 05-18-2011, 10:50 AM