"Evangelical Catholicism" and the current EWTN lineup
(09-01-2011, 12:45 PM)elizabee Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 12:15 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 11:51 AM)Vincentius Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 11:23 AM)elizabee Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 11:15 AM)Vincentius Wrote: these converts... made sure they had with them the luggage of the old religion, something that they cannot or could ever be rid of.  So we have Muslim-like shouts of "Allahu Akbar" (God is great) Evangelical style. 

Sorry, but is there something unholy about the Arabic language? I can only assume you don't disagree with the content...

Unholy because it is a false faith, a sham religion.  Really, I have never heard shouts of "God is great from" any Catholic. 

"Because the Lord your God he is the God of gods, and the Lord of lords, a great God and mighty and terrible, who accepteth no person nor taketh bribes. " -Deuteronomy 10:17, (Douay-Rheims)

Oh crap! I just reaized that the translators of Douay-Rheims were Judaizers as they used the term "the Lord" instead of "Yahweh." Also, clearly they were sympatheic to Islam. 

LOL.

Yeah, Vinceteus, sorry to say this, but I'm not convinced. If somebody likes to "praise the Lord and pass the pepper" Arab-style, what business of it is yours? Do you need to micromanage peoples' prayer lives? The exclamation style of praise doesn't appeal to you... fine... but there's lots of precedent for it in the psalms... pick your battles, friend.

What's wrong with "God is great" and "God is awesome" kinda worship?  I find the exuberance of many ex- Protestants uplifting and infectious.  They appear to be genuinely on fire with love for the Lord.

Messages In This Thread
Re: "Evangelical Catholicism" and the current EWTN lineup - by Historian - 09-02-2011, 05:02 PM