The One person responsible for the MESS we are in as told by Pat Buchanan
(09-12-2011, 04:40 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: Tim, that was one great post and what you say is completely true of my own thoughts and actions over these last ten years. The only thing I would quibble with is your assessment that W is a nice guy but could not handle the neo-cons. I think he is one of them, but you may be right. He was certainly delusional by the time he gave his second inaugaration speech. I remember even Peggy Noonan not being able to even comment on it while sitting in at Fox News as a commentator that day. She said she would have to think about it, first time I ever saw her at a loss for words. And she left her WSJ activities to help in his re-election. A week later a column came from her after she had time to soak it in. It was not favorable to W and she was not pleased. I remember thinking she was a sellout that day. Turns out she was right and I was wrong for a couple of years more.

This is exactly what happened to me. I couldn't bring myself to believe that President Bush was anything more than duped by the neo-cons.  I was relieve of my delusion in 2005 after learning about PNAC and the US troops positioned to invade Afghanistan before 9/11.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The One person responsible for the MESS we are in as told by Pat Buchanan - by Deadwood - 09-12-2011, 05:50 PM