Wargaming a +Fellay acceptance
There being a number of speculative threads about the SSPX-Rome negotiations, I thought I'd add another one. If speculation strikes you as a waste of time, you're encouraged to look away now...  :P

If, after consultation with his brethren, +Fellay decides to take the Roman offer of canonical recognition, what do people think will happen - both within the Church as a whole, and within the Society? Will +Williamson lead a holy remnant in the "Continuing SSPX", railing against compromise with, and submission to, the Apostolic See? Will he be joined by +TIssier de Mallerais? Will the Austrian progressivists take this as their cue for a full-blown schism, citing the Holy Father's attempts to reverse the post-conciliar luv? Will we see bishops - even cardinals - attacking the Pope for bringing a group of "hardliners" back into communion with Rome? Will secular authorities get involved, slamming the Church for legitimising reactionary tendencies and religious intolerance?

It seems to me that both the Holy Father and Bishop Fellay are going to be facing some serious fallout if this thing goes according to plan. I imagine they've factored that into their calculations, but we'll see. What do others think?

[Image: north-korea-nuclear-warheads.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Wargaming a +Fellay acceptance - by archdiocesan - 09-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Re: Wargaming a +Fellay acceptance - by Scipio_a - 09-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Re: Wargaming a +Fellay acceptance - by FHM310 - 09-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Re: Wargaming a +Fellay acceptance - by JayneK - 09-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Re: Wargaming a +Fellay acceptance - by JayneK - 09-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Re: Wargaming a +Fellay acceptance - by Walty - 09-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Re: Wargaming a +Fellay acceptance - by Walty - 09-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Re: Wargaming a +Fellay acceptance - by Nic - 09-19-2011, 10:14 AM