Poll: How did B16 become Pope?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI....
(09-22-2011, 04:17 PM)dan hunter Wrote: I have read many Catholic books written well before the Council, some written centuries before, that use the term" Holy Spirit" to refer to the Third Person of the Trinity.
It is just hair splitting and not modernism or a threat to the Faith to say Holy Spirit.

Yes Dan, it is the language, like every thing in the NO, that was backdated. My point is that as a general rule, NOers do not say "Holy Ghost", they always say "Holy Spirit". The words have the same meaning, but the language used comes from the NO - and that often differentiates the Trad from the NOer. Simple hey?

From EWTN: The Third Glorious Mystery: The Descent of the Holy Spirit on the Apostles.

From a trad site: The Third Glorious Mystery: The Descent of the Holy Ghost.

When was the last time anyone heard a NOer make the sign of the cross and say "Holy Ghost"? Or a NO priest say "Holy Ghost"? It may happen on occasion, but I am merely pointing out something that jumps out, or should jump out to trads that can help determine whether or not you're listening to someone with a NO bent or a trad.

If I were to hear a recording of a lecture or sermon etc and the priest references the "Holy Spirit" all the time, it's a pretty safe bet that that priest / person is not a trad, and I will usually shut off the recording immediately or remain alert for error.

So fwiw, consider this a heads up, knowing that pretty much all NOers have this same language in common next time you're listening to someone and you're not sure which flag the person waves.   

Messages In This Thread
Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - by Stubborn - 09-29-2011, 07:43 AM