SSPV vs. CMRI
(11-28-2011, 02:05 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: I've asked this before, but never got a answer on it.....

Why do does the Society of Saint Pius V forbid their laypeople from attending a CMRI chapel, or Trad priests ordained by the Thuc Line Bishops??

As I understand it, the SSPV also forbids people from receiving our Lord at their Chapels if they attend a FSSP or ICK because some of those priests may be doubtfully ordained( post 1969 NO Ordinations ????), however I will never understand why they believe the Thuc Line priests may also be of doubtful lineage... Anyone know?????

Regarding the SSPV's issue with the CMRI, I can't answer that any better than Joe17. I can elaborate some on their objections to the Moto Proprio places, as I recently heard Fr. Jenkins of the SSPV elaborate on this issue on wftsradio.com. I will paraphrase:  Validity is certainly a major concern, but there are still other issues aside from that. What one needs to remember is that the Vatican never intended originally for the traditional Mass and the Novus Ordo to coexist. The Novus Ordo was meant to totally replace the traditional Mass and efface its memory from the face of the earth. The only reason the Vatican permits the traditional Mass (at least that of 1962) now to the extent that it does is because they know there are people who refuse to give it up and it is a ploy to keep them under their wing. Remember, it was not until 1988, after Archbishop Lefebvre consecrated bishops without the Vatican's consent that John Paul II made the initial concessions and permitted the traditional Mass (1962 version) to be celebrated to some extent. When you associate yourself with these Moto Proprio places, you are also associating yourself with all of the innovations and problems which are now a licit part of the Conciliar Church, regardless of which Mass you are going to (all the sham annulments and remarriages, the administering of communion/sacraments to non-Catholics in certain circumstances according to the new canon law, ecumenism, etc.). You also have parishes where they have both the old and the new Mass celebrated. Are you getting hosts consecrated at the traditional Mass or the new Mass? Are the traditional Mass hosts being "handed out" carelessly at the New Mass, with particles going all over the floor for you to step on? Is the priest you go to for Mass and confession also saying the New Mass--that obviously poses problems as well. These are the various objections I heard from Fr. Jenkins and hopefully I haven't misrepresented him in anyway since this is a very rough paraphrase. Bottom line according to him is that even if you do have an older validly ordained priest saying the traditional Mass at a Motu place, no traditional Catholic should want to get all mixed up in all of the above problems.

Messages In This Thread
SSPV vs. CMRI - by crusaderfortruth3372 - 11-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Re: SSPV vs. CMRI - by MorganHiver - 11-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Re: SSPV vs. CMRI - by Lavalliere - 11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Re: SSPV vs. CMRI - by sarahraphael - 11-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Re: SSPV vs. CMRI - by sarahraphael - 11-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Re: SSPV vs. CMRI - by crusaderfortruth3372 - 11-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Re: SSPV vs. CMRI - by sarahraphael - 11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Re: SSPV vs. CMRI - by piabee - 11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Re: SSPV vs. CMRI - by MorganHiver - 11-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Re: SSPV vs. CMRI - by Historian - 11-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Re: SSPV vs. CMRI - by joe17 - 11-28-2011, 08:00 PM