This is what obedience looks like
(12-05-2011, 02:27 AM)AlphaOmega Wrote: I think this particular liturgy is not what it could and should be, as compared to the TLM which is so much clearer on the key points of what makes a Catholic Mass truly Catholic.

How is it possible that a liturgy can be, in effect, "less Catholic" than another if it approved by the Catholic Church guided by the Holy Ghost to safeguard us agains the errors that threaten the Church? To me, it is an idea that seeks to avoid having to face the grisly reality that, surely, "an enemy hath done this" by simply accepting it as "inferior" yet Catholic nonetheless. None of the aids God has given us for salvation in the Catholic Church can be "inferior" to anything if you believe that it is truly the religion founded by Our Lord, Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost guides the Church ever-forward, not backward.

Quote:I don't know your opinion on this INPEFESS.  Where do you stand on this?

I do not believe that the post-Vatican II magisterium speaks on behalf of the Catholic Church; nor do I believe that the Novus Ordo Mass is identical with the Catholic Mass according to the teachings of the Council of Trent; nor do I believe that the form of religion promoted by the Novus Ordo program of reform is the same religion as the Catholic religion. Coming to terms with these realities is harsh, but, in the end, reality must be faced for what it is. To accept a compromise between the way these two structures conduct themselves is to undo everything the Church was founded to do.

Messages In This Thread
Re: This is what obedience looks like - by INPEFESS - 12-05-2011, 02:55 AM
Re: This is what obedience looks like - by Nic - 12-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Re: This is what obedience looks like - by maso - 12-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Re: This is what obedience looks like - by Nic - 12-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Re: This is what obedience looks like - by Nic - 12-06-2011, 10:40 PM