Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-29-2011, 08:26 PM)Scriptorium Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 08:14 PM)Stubborn Wrote: And where does impossibility come from - since when is anything impossible for God?

Like baptism of desire?

Like the Baptism He instituted and the Church has defined.

(12-29-2011, 08:26 PM)Scriptorium Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 08:14 PM)Stubborn Wrote: Not so.

The key point is water has been declared an absolute necessity - whoever does not read it that way does so of their own free will.

And where does impossibility come from - since when is anything impossible for God?

Brother, you earn your name. Unfortunately your attitude to Church doctrine will get you into more "contradictions" then you can handle, and I would see either loss of faith, or creation of your own guides, i.e., heresy. I am not referring to BoD, which is held as a possibility, but I can envision your approach having problems with even a de fide pronouncement. You seem to have no regard for the last 500 years of teaching regarding this, not to mention teachings which predate Trent, which gives nice bookends to the teaching. A book saying "de fide" in it can only take a person's faith so far. What about the problem of evil if you want to tackle contradictions! I have made the argument in my posts, and others can read it. For now, I leave you with prayers. Please loosen the grip a little. You hold the Faith, not strangle it. I don't mean disrespect, but I offer it in a spirit of charity. + PAX

Unfortunately, instead of providing what I asked for you choose to claim I strangle the faith - which is fresh.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Stubborn - 12-29-2011, 09:20 PM