Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(02-02-2012, 04:15 AM)Gregory I Wrote: YOu need to watch your language.

No, I did NOT say anything about the magisterium, I said that THEOLOGIANS were wrong to teach it.

Your problem is that you keep equating theologians with the teaching of the Church. THe Church herself does not each Baptism of desire ANYWHERE.

There are no magisterial documents.

The Unanimous consent of the Fathers is against it

Therefore it is not a part of the Universal and Ordinary Magisterium.

Your failure to even get the most basic of premises right, namely that theologians are distinct from the Magisterial teaching office of the church simply proves that this is not a discussion you are ready to have.

I'll speak as is warented.  :P

So, when the Church declares a theologian a Doctor of the Church, or even Universal Doctor, it doesn't mean that they have Magisterial approval?  When all the Doctors who touch on the topic teach a certain way, and the Magisterium approves them, it means nothing?  What a peculiarly Gnostic approach to teaching authority.  Tell me, where do I sign up for my magical Magisterial Decoder Ring which let's me see the truth through the lies of the Church authorities?  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

There are no Magisterial documents, aside from the canons of Trent and the Catechism promulgated by the Popes to teach what Trent taught.  :LOL:

You say that the Church has taught THE WRONG THING for a thousand years, and deny saying that the Magisterium has failed.  And then accuse others of failing to make valid distinctions.  :eyeroll:

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Parmandur - 02-02-2012, 04:20 AM