Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary
(12-31-2011, 08:02 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(12-31-2011, 07:43 PM)Traditional Guy Wrote:
(12-31-2011, 07:41 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I'm pretty sure other Catholic cultures have a pretty high esteem for the Blessed Virgin.  Our Lady of Guadalupe is patron of the Americas.  The instances of blasphemous art are <b>in no way</b> refined to a particular culture. 

Why are you making this thread, and why are you directing it "especially at Mexican Americans?"  Have they visited this museum more than others?  Mapplethorpe sounds like a Jewish or Northern European name, too.
I was saying this in reference to Our Lady of Gaudalupe.

Our Lady of Guadalupe is the patroness of the Americas, not Mexico.  She's as much patron of the US as she is patron of South America.  She is also my baptismal patron.  She is also an apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who is a spiritual mother to all of us.  You don't insult the Virgin of Guadalupe without insulting Mary, queen of Heaven and Earth.
Which is why the thread is called, "Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary..." Now what is your opinion of this mocking instead of the thread itself?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - by Traditional Guy - 12-31-2011, 08:03 PM