What's the Trad Opinion On Anglicans/Episcopalians Joining the Catholic Church?
(01-05-2012, 04:46 PM)Richard C Wrote: Incidentally, has anyone seen the text for the Anglican Use Mass? It is not identical to the Anglican service, and not only in prayers for the pope, I am given to understand.

I've attended many Anglican Use Masses. There are two forms: Rite I and Rite II. Rite I uses "King James English", Rite II is a contemporary English form. Rite I is a modified version of the 1928 Book of Common Prayer with a great strength (the use of the Roman Canon) and a great weakness (the Novus Ordo Offertory casually inserted in place of what was there before). At my Anglican Use church, it's common to use the Greek Kyrie and Latin settings of the Ordinary of the Mass; sometimes the Gregorian Propers as well.

The Anglican Use liturgy is NOT to be confused with the Anglican Ordinariates. The reason is because, so I'm told, very few or no Ordinariate churches in England itself actually use the Anglican Use Mass. They prefer the Novus Ordo. The Ordinariate for England and Wales was established almost a year ago. The one for the United States was established earlier this week.

Here's a good sample of what Rite I of the Anglican Use liturgy looks like on paper: http://atonementonline.com/orderofmass/Rite1.html

Messages In This Thread
Re: What's the Trad Opinion On Anglicans/Episcopalians Joining the Catholic Church? - by The_Harlequin_King - 01-05-2012, 04:52 PM