A Modern Plague: Possible Chastisement Scenario
(01-26-2012, 01:08 AM)verenaerin Wrote:
(01-26-2012, 12:16 AM)DrBombay Wrote: I'd rather avoid a chastisement altogether.  The thing about chastisements is, the purpose is to chastise sinners.  And since I am one, well....no thank you. I don't have any desire whatsoever that this nation or world be struck down by some horrible chastisement.  What a hideous thought.

Many times I wish for something to happen. When I think about all those babies being murdered in abortions, or how pedophilia is so rampant in our society, the only thing I see as a solution is Divine intervention. Kinda like in the Greek (I think) plays when the hand of God comes down and removes the problem. I am sure that if a terrible chastisement would come upon us, I would find it very difficult and wish for the good ol' days of now. But as much as a chastisement seems horrible, if we are at a point where we deserve it, it much be so much worse for God to see such sin. Not sure if I make sense...

Don't forget the Bible Story where God promised Abraham that for the sake of 10 just men he wouldn't destroy Sodom. Pray, sacrifice, but be very careful wishing for a plague or punishment. There is always hope while even just a few good and faithful people remain.

Messages In This Thread
Re: A Modern Plague: Possible Chastisement Scenario - by Guardian - 01-27-2012, 02:16 AM