Alternatives to Rorate Caeli?
(02-01-2012, 09:06 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: I know a person who comments (commented?) on RC frequently, but she's a little irritated at the new policy.  It seems that some of the newer commenters are allowed to make rude remarks about the others, but the old trads get their remarks censored.   Not a good sign for that blog.

I've noticed that recently very few of my comments were getting through. I don't attend an SSPX chapel (or FSSP for that matter) and mostly go to the Novus Ordo. But I found that if I made some criticism of the Pope's words (not of his person, mark you), for example his holding Teilhard de Chardin up as a "model for priests" in 2009, then the comment would disappear into the ether. It's not my blog and, yes, they make up the rules. But those new rules weren't clear up until their recent post. At least matters have been clarified.

Fr Z. is also problematic. I tried to answer some nonsensical criticisms of the SSPX on his blog (BTW, I think that there are many problems with the SSPX but it's simply wrong to describe them as "Protestant" ad nauseam) and found that my comments were 'disappeared'. I'll be honest though as well, I rarely go to FR Z's blog these days (which I did numerous times a day about 4 years ago) because I find the whole "Buy Fr Z. a coffee", "Buy Fr Z. an Apple Mac", "Contribute $10/$20/$50 a month to Fr Z." thing increasingly distasteful. The man's got to make a living but I think his perceived benefactors started to influence the way he blogged.

Messages In This Thread
Alternatives to Rorate Caeli? - by alphonsusjr - 01-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Re: Alternatives to Rorate Caeli? - by DrBombay - 01-31-2012, 11:15 PM
Re: Alternatives to Rorate Caeli? - by Spooky - 01-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Re: Alternatives to Rorate Caeli? - by Jacob - 02-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Re: Alternatives to Rorate Caeli? - by Maldon - 02-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Re: Alternatives to Rorate Caeli? - by OldMan - 02-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Re: Alternatives to Rorate Caeli? - by Spooky - 02-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Re: Alternatives to Rorate Caeli? - by Scotus - 02-02-2012, 11:45 AM