Souls in heaven rejoicing at the sight of the damned?
(02-05-2012, 04:20 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 03:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 03:31 PM)su Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 03:24 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 02:38 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Yes, he is not a saint in the Roman Catholic Church.

Not a saint of the RCC = 100% wrong on each and every thing they ever said.   :eyeroll:

For your accusation and disdain for St. Thomas, I think you should not expect much sympathy here.

He has my sympathy. I have a great deal of respect for St. Thomas Aquinas, but he was human, and therefore capable of error, and I think he was wrong on this point. The thought of anybody (either God or the souls in Heaven) rejoicing in the suffering of the damned is absolutely disgusting to me. If I weren't already Catholic, that would be enough to turn me away -- "If this is what Catholics believe, I want no part of their religion." Fortunately, it's not what all of us believe. I'm 100% on Melkite's side on this issue.

I'm with you guys. No offense to Aragon, but I put these kinds of threads in the same category as those that use scripture to calculate the number of souls in hell. We can believe in the existence of hell without these morbid exercises.

There's nothing "morbid" about theology. You're all having a knee jerk reaction without even considering the theological concepts behind it.

It's not like the elect are laughing at the damned like spoiled children in the schoolyard but that they rightfully rejoice in God's justice. Who wouldn't, after all? God's justice is perfect.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Souls in heaven rejoicing at the sight of the damned? - by Vetus Ordo - 02-05-2012, 09:14 PM