Catholics that are attaking the Church
(02-13-2012, 06:07 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Just words.  Good words, necessary words, but just words.  Excommunicate them.  If only for the sake of saying "what these people teach?  It's not what the Church teaches."  Give Catholics something to be proud of again, give them a reason to see why the Church is different than a social group.
(02-13-2012, 06:34 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Forced to excommunicate them?  We should be past that point.  You've got politicians (and Pelosi definitely isn't the only one, she's just the loudest, most annoying, and bitchiest one) that have obstinately denied Catholic teaching, lied about Catholic teaching and fought to pass laws that are patently and explicitly against it.  We're not talking ambiguities here, we're talking about black and white non-catholic teaching.  Souls will be lost (and I'm sure some already have) because of politicians that are allowed to call themselves catholic and lead the flock away.

I can't remember the last time the Church excommunicated someone with a recognizable name.  Oh wait, I can, it started with an L...

:clap:

It is quite different from the ancient practice of the Church fathers as recalled by Leo XIII (see my signature line).

Messages In This Thread
Catholics that are attaking the Church - by Tim - 02-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Re: Catholics that are attaking the Church - by INPEFESS - 02-14-2012, 05:37 AM