SSPX Deal: But Will the Fat Lady Sing? — article by Fr. Cekada
(04-22-2012, 07:06 AM)FatherCekada Wrote: Even with EWTN, though, I suspect that its internal legal rules would ultimately allow the Vatican to step in an extreme case — if EWTN's lay administrators, say, converted to sedevacantism after reading just one of my articles, and decided to change the organization's name to SVTN. :)

That would be quite possible. As my original post pointed out, the SV position (as understood in the current crisis) and the "conservative" position regarding the extent of protection the Holy Ghost gives to the Holy Father and his actions is the same. 

All that would be required would be to reaffirm the error in the premise and stress the actions and policies that are contrary to the faith.  The questioning of the validity of the premise is the area to avoid. 

The only drawback would be, that the neo-Catholic's faith is more dependent on their emotional state.  They have a lot of zeal and not enough critical thinking.

Messages In This Thread
Re: SSPX Deal: But Will the Fat Lady Sing? — article by Fr. Cekada - by Gerard - 04-22-2012, 10:39 PM