ORthodox perspective of Traditionalist Catholics
(05-13-2012, 09:01 PM)Silouan Wrote: And what to do when those solemn pronouncements clearly contradict each other?

Well, the authority of the Church cannot give us error, even when some people have seemingly foisted error on to the people. If you want to know my take on this, as well as that of many other Catholics, please see the Cornfield.

(05-13-2012, 09:01 PM)Silouan Wrote: Not according to the infallible Magisterium of the Catholic Church as expressed in papal statements and conciliar documents from Vatican II onward.

Distinguo. See the above.

(05-13-2012, 09:01 PM)Silouan Wrote: "The most Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and preaches that none of those existing outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but also Jews and heretics and schismatics, can have a share in life eternal; but that they will go into the "eternal fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels" - Pope Eugene IV

"For such people salvation in Christ is accessible by virtue of a grace which, while having a mysterious relationship to the Church, does not make them formally part of the Church but enlightens them in a way which is accommodated to their spiritual and material situation." - Pope John Paul II

So which of your infallible pontiffs do you follow on this teaching?

Eugene IV. See above.

[
(05-13-2012, 09:01 PM)Silouan Wrote: Yes, but many do. What do you think of them? Do you not see a fundamental inconsistency in their position?

I think they are mistaken, and that their position is fundamentally inconsistent.

(05-13-2012, 09:01 PM)Silouan Wrote: That it is. I suppose that means you're only able to criticize each other? Either way, the rest of this statement is nothing but an excuse to throw insults. It certainly has nothing to do with the point I was making.

What is your point? I will absolutely criticize anyone who comes onto this message, especially non-Catholics, those are are outside of the bosom of Holy Mother Church, the Ark of Salvation, and say that the Roman Catholic faithful rolled over "like sheep."

(05-13-2012, 09:01 PM)Silouan Wrote: What in the world are you talking about? Pretty sure we're still here and going strong.

[Image: 172832808.jpg]

Sure. Nice vestments, nice churches, even liturgical piety. This cannot make up for heresies and schism.

Messages In This Thread
Re: ORthodox perspective of Traditionalist Catholics - by Crusader_Philly - 05-13-2012, 11:52 PM