Lol - I (most likely) have a rather rare cutaneous disease!
(06-19-2012, 07:28 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote:
(06-18-2012, 09:17 PM)Rosarium Wrote: I can go find articles against the use, medical citations,

I bet you can't find 2.I can find many citing the medical efficacy of CS for all manner of issues.

Here is one, which is a government agency with a medical purpose (note, you appealed to modern medicine...you cannot reject this source without repealing all the "medical" claims you used earlier): http://nccam.nih.gov/health/silver

Quote:Colloidal silver consists of tiny silver particles suspended in liquid. Scientific evidence does not support the use of colloidal silver to treat any disease, and serious, irreversible side effects can result from its use.

Colloidal silver products are often marketed as dietary supplements with various unproven health-related claims. This fact sheet provides a general overview of colloidal silver and suggests sources for additional information.

Key Points
* Colloidal silver is not safe or effective for treating any disease or condition.
* Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects. The most common is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the skin, which is usually not treatable or reversible.
* The FDA and the Federal Trade Commission have taken action against a number of companies (including some companies that sell products over the Internet) for making drug-like claims about colloidal silver products.
* Tell all your health care providers about any complementary health practices you use. Give them a full picture of what you do to manage your health. This will help ensure coordinated and safe care.

At the bottom are a load of references.

Here is a good one:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8632503

Quote:Legitimate medicinal use of silver-containing products has dramatically diminished over the last several decades. Recently, however, some manufacturers have begun to enthusiastically promote oral colloidal silver proteins as mineral supplements and for prevention and treatment of many diseases. Indiscriminate use of silver products can lead to toxicity such as argyria.

Like I said, I knew what I was saying...

Quote:Arun, the main reason I suggested you dab on some CS  (I mean really,it can't hurt at worst)
At worst, it can.

Quote: was due to a recent spate of Brown recluse spider bites in our area.The venom creates a nasty nasty wound.Someone fixed theirs right up with topical and ingested CS. Quite remarkable.
A new scientific method! So much for data, double blind studies, and science in general.

Quote:And believe me...my preps are extensive and cover all the bases.Thanks for the concern.
The good news is, you can stop wasting silver and use it as an investment or towards a fruitful end. The bad news is you have to revise your position.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Lol - I (most likely) have a rather rare cutaneous disease! - by Historian - 06-19-2012, 08:28 AM