Which One of These is Not Like the Others?
(06-26-2012, 01:56 PM)Walty Wrote: Then he wouldn't remain a Protestant for long.  God answers prayers.  If a Protestant is searching for the truth and praying that God lead him to it he WILL convert.

Not necessarily.  I have seen this many times.  Protestants who are confused, but genuinely search and absolutely beg God to show them the truth don't always find the Catholic faith.  Sometimes they do.  Sometimes they stay with their Protestant religion.  And sometimes they switch to a different Protestant religion.  In fact, a relative of mine, one of the most educated and intelligent men I knew, was literally weeks away from being ordained a priest, but then had some doubts.  He took some time off for further study and in the end actually converted to Judaism (and this was all pre-Vatican II).

The fact is, we can do our best but then just plain old make mistakes, because we're not perfect.  We don't analyze everything perfectly.  We are given to prejudices we are not even consciously aware of.  We are shaped by our experiences.  Even genuine searching and genuine prayer does not always lead one to Catholicism.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Which One of These is Not Like the Others? - by cgraye - 06-26-2012, 02:20 PM