St. Thomas and Sola Scriptura
In Dei Filius (not Pastor aeternus, as I incorrectly mentioned above), Vatican I explained the contents of divine revelation and its relationship with the Church's teaching authority.

"Fide divina et catholica ea omnia credenda sunt, quae in verbo Dei scripto vel tradito continentur et ab Ecclesia sive solemni judicio sive ordinario et universali magisterio tamquam divinitus revelata credenda proponuntur."--"By the divine and catholic faith all those things are to be believed which are contained in the word of God, written [i.e., in Scripture] or handed-down [i.e., in Tradition], and are set forth by the Church (whether by a solemn judgment or by its ordinary and universal teaching authority) to be believed as divinely revealed" (D 1792).  

According to this, the word of God (i.e., public divine revelation) is contained in two sources, Scripture and Tradition; the Church, through its teaching power, is able to state definitively what this word of God--contained as it is in Scripture and Tradition--means.

Messages In This Thread
St. Thomas and Sola Scriptura - by Resurrexi - 06-25-2012, 02:50 AM
Re: St. Thomas and Sola Scriptura - by INPEFESS - 06-25-2012, 03:43 AM
Re: St. Thomas and Sola Scriptura - by INPEFESS - 06-25-2012, 06:07 AM
Re: St. Thomas and Sola Scriptura - by Resurrexi - 06-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Re: St. Thomas and Sola Scriptura - by INPEFESS - 06-25-2012, 11:27 PM