Contradictions of the modern popes
(08-14-2012, 09:38 AM)TrentCath Wrote: ???

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say here. You can't have your cake and eat it, either the earlier popes were right and later popes were wrong or vice versa, they cannot both be right. It has nothing to do with 'liking it or not', it has to do with who is right.

Is my english so bad? I'm very sorry, I am not native speaking english  :)

However, it seems that you cannot live with contradictions in the history of theology.
Was St. Augustine wrong because St. Thomas Aquinas made 'corrections'? Was St. Jerome wrong while quarrelling with St. Augustine?
I hope they will all have a good laugh high above in heaven about our black/white theology and continue adoring the same Lord.

Of course, historical views on theology, showing that there is always development, is a modernist invention of the Nouvelle Theologie. Of course it is one of the basic mistakes of V2 that they looked back into theology of the ages before the Middle Ages and Trent. Of course, it's an error that Pope Benedict is accepting so much patristic theology. Or?

Come on, don't tell me that you don't understand that a Pope in this century is not saying that a Pope in the 19th century is wrong, just because he is changing things that particular Pope said. They are both right and making a kind of math of theological matters is always wrong. Theology = development and one of the major mistakes of the SSPX theology is that they in fact reject history, and make their strict interpretation of tradition a iron ball, like: Trent is always right and everything else is wrong. Whaha! Thát is so un-catholic!

:O shocking huh?

And btw the virtues of humility and obedience are no modernist inventions, so... don't call me naive when I bow my head for the magistery of Pope Benedict XVI. I don't reject our Pope, I try to understand what he writes. And from a deeper understanding my obedience is founded.

Messages In This Thread
Contradictions of the modern popes - by TrentCath - 08-14-2012, 06:39 AM
Re: Contradictions of the modern popes - by kingofspades - 08-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Re: Contradictions of the modern popes - by Poche - 08-15-2012, 01:53 AM