The Individual, The Family, and Catholic Corporate Society - Dr. John Rao
Pete, small businesses can grow organically. It isn't necessary to have robber barons or todays predatory capitalists to have lage multi-national corporations.
3 brothers I grew up with did it, starting in their basement sharpening knives for restaurants. Their father an immigrant taught them how to grind, and as he grew old took charge and grew it organically. Your absolutely right that small shops needs orders which come from large companies. But to think Carnegie was more influential to steel than Bessemer is plain silly.

Business starts at the bottom and grows it does not start at the top, even Rockefeller started there. I could take you through Bally Corporation's story as my uncle was the chief engineer from after the war and his wife my aunt was the owner's personal secretary with power of attorney. My position is not against big business, what I want is moral rules of commerce. As an aside there is now legislation from the large corporations to change the patent laws. They would change them so that the first there not the "inventor" would get the patent. In short large legal epartments would demolish small inventors.

tim 

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Individual, The Family, and Catholic Corporate Society - Dr. John Rao - by Tim - 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM