Question about HHS Mandate and Catholic Organizations
(10-26-2012, 12:56 AM)Poche Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 01:57 AM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 01:51 AM)Poche Wrote: Its an attempt to coerce Catholic institutions to subsidize artificial contraception. If this continues, the insurance companies will require their aprticipants to use an "approved" method of contraception.  What could happen is that if the contraception mandate goes through - then all of the Catholic institutions will either close completely or lose their "Catholic" affiliation.
:'(( :'(( :'((

I understand all that. I'm trying to come to an understanding of what makes many of these institutions "Catholic." What is "Catholic" about their mission? Are they doing something that makes them essentially different from Protestant or secular hospitals and which benefits the Church and the salvation of souls?
They are supposed to be works of charity done in the name of the Cahtolic churchh.

But are they works of charity? Are the hospitals caring for patients free of charge? My understanding is that they bill patients just like any other hospital.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Question about HHS Mandate and Catholic Organizations - by rbjmartin - 10-26-2012, 11:08 AM