The Next Pope / Latin Mass ... What the new Pope Should Do
(03-06-2013, 11:53 AM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 01:30 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I resent the idea of Traditional Catholicism being a movement.

This is a great video.  People need to understand that the traditional stance is a youth stance.  Younger people want the authentic, perennial faith.  They don't want a particular generation's baggage.

It will indeed be the younger generations that will rebuild the Church but it will also take time since it will have to be the younger generations that eventually become bishops, archibishops and cardinals that can do it with authority. Vatican II and its rotten fruit needs to be overturned not just from the bottom up but from the top down. We are still at a point in the crisis where many in positions of power and influence cannot see beyond Vatican II and trying to salvage it. These men have to either have a major change of heart and mind about things or we must wait till they die and younger more traditional men take their places, men with no stake whatsoever in Vatican II and trying to save it. Any way you cut it the resolution of this crisis somehow stands or falls with Vatican II and what if anything is to be done about it. I can't see how the Church can completely toss it into the dustbin of history without completely discrediting herself but by the same token I'm not sure how to salvage it. This is what is so hard about this crisis and why I think Benedict XVI proceeded with much more caution than many of us would have liked.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Next Pope / Latin Mass ... What the new Pope Should Do - by formerbuddhist - 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM