English Translation of Pope's First Words
(03-14-2013, 12:13 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 02:27 AM)Chestertonian Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 07:26 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: 'Brotherhood' raises a red flag.  O well.  At least we've been warned.  Thank God for warnings.

Are we really so cynical and jaded to think that talking about "brotherhood" is a "red flag?"

I was speaking for myself.  Universal brotherhood is one of the masonic ideals.  Brotherhood is a word they use a lot.  I know the gospels constantly use the word brethren too. 

The warnings I'm grateful for are those of Our Lady of Fatima.  I believe she said there would be an apostacy that would start at the top of the Church unless ... But I'm not even slightly worried.  A great priest once said the second most offensive thing to God besides sin, is our worrying.
The bible does say that God is "God and Father of all," and that he is "in all". So while there is unique and supernatural brotherhood of Christians, there is sense in which all humans share in a natural bortherhood.

Messages In This Thread
Re: English Translation of Pope's First Words - by Papist - 03-14-2013, 12:15 PM