I read these upsetting articles about liberalism and modernism in the Church...
I say we actually DO SOMETHING about it. I study history. I read a lot about the Eastern Christians. I can tell you all one thing, when the clergy did something that the laity did not like, the laity made it VERY clear how they felt about it. Ignoring the fact that the attempted unions failed, when the clergy all signed these papers declaring themselves united to Rome and went back home, they were all faced with riots. The laity would not put up with any crap that the clergy would try to force upon them. This same thing happened countless times, especially in the East. The laity would not take any crap from the clergy when they tried to force things that the laity did not want. The schism between the Old Believers and the Patriarchate in Russia was huge at the time because many of the laity and lesser clergy did not want to have what they considered heterodox views pushed upon them.

We should not have to just bend over for this crap. Something seems to have just clicked in me earlier when I was reading that article about the student being told by Jesuits to basically go back to Islam. Why should we even remotely put up with that? Just because the clergy say so does not mean that they are right. They can be wrong, pretty easily too.

Messages In This Thread
I read these upsetting articles about liberalism and modernism in the Church... - by Farmer88 - 07-26-2013, 09:01 PM