Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it
(08-19-2013, 06:15 PM)iona_scribe Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 05:45 PM)Asperges me Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 09:02 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: They'll come around.

Remember folks, if you see a new family walk into your Mass and sit down in the pew near you, smile at them. Then introduce yourself in the vestibule afterwards. A little goes a long way toward countering the misconceptions and making it a welcoming environment for people seeking refuge.

Funny you should mention that. At the Latin Mass yesterday a couple sat in front of me. Soon enough it was apparent that they have never been to a Latin Mass. The woman kept shaking her head and the man said, "That was strange." They couldn't wait to head for the doors.

:LOL:  I've seen that happen sometimes too. Sometimes people have guests, or maybe they wander in expecting a Novus Ordo and got the time mixed up.  I always pray for them that seeds would be planted. Whenever we invite a friend or relative to come along, they always admit that it was beautiful even if their ideology dictates that they should dislike it.  :grin:  Also, I feel like it's good for people to see a lady with a head covering, modest clothes, and small children who is also happy and not supposedly oppressed. ;)
Oh, I see. I'm supposed to be oppressed by my veil, marriage and family. I'll have my husband get right on that oppression thing. Right after he finishes the porch and porch swing I asked him for. (Because he oppressed me with his kindness!!)
It'll be hard to explain to the kids how they're supposed to be oppressing me, but they're smart, they'll figure it out. ;P

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it - by PurposefulMother - 08-20-2013, 02:02 AM