Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it
(08-20-2013, 10:35 AM)Tim Wrote: You know I have this whacked out idea that might make first time Latin Mass attendees to feel more at home. That'd be returning to the way Pope Pius XII and others wanted the participation to be like. That means the folks in the pews recite the responses and sing the ordinary even the Pater Noster just like on EWTN. I really think this would work, and ease their transition. Make them wonder what they are saying and what they are chanting, and the Mass' reverence and theology will sink in.
Remember the NO Mass has conditioned them to believe they are integral to the Mass, and the sacrificial part has been minimized, so they need a bridge to get their minds wrapped around what Mass is for real.

Ortho-praxis man, that is the answer.

Not too revolutionary an idea, Tim, in my part of the world.  Several of us already do this at Latin Masses, since we know the Latin responses and the chants.  I do think it helps.  From those who don't know the Latin I get looks, but not negative ones.  I don't tend to sing the Pater Noster (even though I know it by heart), out of respect for the celebrant, but I'll sing with the choir, when the choir sings responses.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it - by Miriam_M - 08-20-2013, 11:37 AM