Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it
(08-20-2013, 08:07 PM)US_Soldier Wrote: And the NO priest marrying us is like her hero, which sucks because he told us that the Bible is a big giant fairy tale and most of the things inside of it didn't actually happen and that it was written a long time ago so the words of God no longer apply to us.... but somehow "judge not lest you be judged" is like the one verse in all of scripture that IS to be taken literally and is the most important verse for our world today.

There is NO way I would attend his masses.  This type of attitude from a priest is more insidious than the so-called clown masses.  I think there are a lot more of the former than the latter.  And let's all pretend that the NO had NOTHING to do with this. 

Good luck with your fiancée.  My advice (if you don't mind my saying so) from personal experience from being on the other side of things once is to be patient with her as well as charitable when she resists things you try to bring to her attention. 

......And as an aside, I think it's funny that NO says "NO".  :LOL:

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it - by 2Vermont - 08-21-2013, 07:59 AM