Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
(08-21-2013, 11:11 AM)Tim Wrote: Thanks for the reminder. I haven't decided whether to construct this Feast from the Benedictine or to use Divino Afflatu, but I put off what is for tomorrow often. I especially like the Capitulum brevis from the common.

Capitulum  {ex Commune aut Festo}
Sir 24:14
Ab initio, et ante saecula creata sum, et usque ad futurum saeculum non desinam, et in habitatione sancta coram ipso ministravi.
R. Deo grátias.

Chapter {from the Common of Feast}
Sir 24:14
From the beginning, and before the world, was I created, and unto the world to come I shall not cease to be, and in the holy dwelling place I have ministered before him.
R. Thanks be to God.

And anyone else doing this for the Benedictine remember the commemoration of St. Timothy Martyr.

tim

:crucifix:  J.M.J.  A.M.D.G.  F.V.T.   :church:

Hi Tim  -  :tiphat:

Thanks for reminding everyone about  the commemoration of St. Timothy Martyr.  :salute:

I had forgotten to mention, regarding today's Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, that - at least for me on every First Saturday - and the way it used to be in many parishes that I visited before Vatican 2 - today's Propers were used as a Votive Mass in the morning on the First Saturdays (except for when the Circumcision fell on the First Saturday in January, and Holy Saturday of Holy Week fell on the First Saturday of April.

On the First Saturdays in the evening, many parishes had special First Saturday Devotions.

What I have always used is the booklet with the copyright in 1948 by St. Meinred's Abbey.  It has an Imprimatur.  It is called "Perpetual Novena to the Immaculate Heart of Mary", Grail Publications, St. Meinred, Indiana.

In addition to its card stock cover, it contains 32 pages, beginning with a brief explanation of "What Happened at Fatima", plus other things such as the Mysteries of the Holy Rosary which began the evening Devotions followed by the Litany of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, a beautiful Hymn " # 138.  O Mary, my Mother", the Fatima Prayers of the Angel of Peace, the "Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary" by Pope Pius XII, October, 1942 (with references to the war then raging deleted), another optional Hymn to Our Lady, and the Hymn to be used during the Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament, followed by the Catholic Traditional Divine Praises, and the Hymn in Latin "Laudate Dominum" when leaving the Sanctuary which was frequently replaced by "Holy God, We Praise Thy Name".

It is a very moving and beautiful and timely Devotion.  I hope it is still being used in all parishes.

God Bless You!  :pray:

A-Catholic-Catholic: Father Jim
:crucifix:  J.M.J.  A.M.D.G.  F.V.T.   :church:

Messages In This Thread
Re: Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary - by A-Catholic-Catholic - 08-22-2013, 10:12 PM