Who's this idiot??? And why haven't I heard of him before?
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2013/11/why-irish...y-the-cdf/

Cardinal Levada, the former Prefect of the CDF, has explained to The Irish Catholic newspaper that the reason why he intervened to censure and restrict the Redemptorist Fr Tony Flannery was because his writings on the Eucharist and Priesthood were heretical. Cardinal Levada spoke out to refute the falsehood being spread in the media by Fr Flannery that he had been disciplined because of his support for married priests.

He [Fr Flannery] likes to say ‘because I’m for married priests’. This is not the case: he wrote two articles in Reality magazine in which he questioned, undermined, the teaching of the Church on the Eucharist and on the priesthood. If you hold these positions you are formally in heresy [in the Catholic Church]. For Martin Luther, or the Protestant reformers, they were key issues and they denied these doctrines of the Church,” the cardinal said.

I tend to keep up pretty good with my loons but this guy was totally under my radar.

By the way kudos to Cardinal Levada for mentioning by name the original loon/idiot "a certain Martin Luther" specially being this close to the reformation spectacular coming 2017.

Messages In This Thread
Who's this idiot??? And why haven't I heard of him before? - by Unum Sint - 11-15-2013, 10:06 PM