Renewing Catholic Culture Starts with The Mass
(11-22-2013, 09:53 AM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 08:48 AM)SpiderDweeb Wrote: I hope the Holy Father leads by example and ditches the beach balls. 

That didn't happen during Mass at least not as Pope.

Do a simple google search and you can find many instances where the Pope has performed in a lackluster manner, while performing various religious functions. 

Think of the recent World Youth Day liturgies that the Holy Father participated in.  Twirling Bishops doing the wave!  If I was a young man, I would most definitely not be attracted to the priesthood after watching debacles such as that. 

I want the Pope to crack down on liturgical abuses, but I'm not holding my breath.  He doesn't strike me as the type to get very worked up over liturgical matters.  Remember, actions speak louder than words.  He can say this, or that, but if he really means any of it, he will start cracking down on abuses and performing his own masses in the highest level possible for the Novus Ordo Mass. 

Like I said, I think he's just blowing hot air, or throwing a bone to good folks on the right.  In the end, nothing will come of it.  That being said, I would love for him to prove me wrong......

Messages In This Thread
Re: Renewing Catholic Culture Starts with The Mass - by SpiderDweeb - 11-22-2013, 01:00 PM