A Question
(12-04-2013, 12:58 AM)Poche Wrote:
(11-27-2013, 09:34 AM)Mr.Crowley Wrote: What does it mean by 'believing in dreams'? Believing that dreams exist? Believing dreams can have meaning? They certainly do.
God clearly uses dreams in the scriptures, and if it wasn't for a dream, I'm sure the Apocalypse of St John wouldn't be in the New Testament.

Perhaps there is some Choctaw practice that relates to dreams, linked with their old pagan ways? For example, taking dreams as omens, accepting what happens in them as a fact, is superstitious.
Do you mean like when the Pharoah consulted Joseph about his dreams? Or when the King of Babylon consulted Daniel about his dream? Or when Joseph was told in a dream to accept Mary as his wife and then later on when he was told to flee to Egypt? 

I think the dream Joseph has was the last example of dreaming we have in Scripture. Maybe that's significant, like doing away with the old Covenant or something? Was the Apocalypse a dream, or a vision?

(11-27-2013, 09:34 AM)Mr.Crowley Wrote: Perhaps there is some Choctaw practice that relates to dreams, linked with their old pagan ways?

I suspect that's probably the case.

Messages In This Thread
A Question - by Poche - 11-27-2013, 06:31 AM
Re: A Question - by Mr.Crowley - 11-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Re: A Question - by Poche - 12-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Re: A Question - by PrairieMom - 12-04-2013, 11:20 AM