88% Approval Rating For Pope Francis
(12-26-2013, 07:10 AM)John64 Wrote: ......my feeling if anything in this world approves of you its not necessarily a good thing.....it bothers me when I see how much the secularists like him.....they only like him because they feel he will bend on church teachings. I'm old school....I think a priest whose congregation doesn't like him is doing his job.

I get what you mean but I would simply add that not everything action that is liked by people is neccesariky a bad thing. People could legitamitely like a good action that someone does. Fulton Sheen was liked by many people for his approach of evangelizing. It could also be the other way around.

I think it depends on why the action is liked or hated.

[16] As free, and not as making liberty a cloak for malice, but as the servants of God. [17] Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king. [18] Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward. [19] For this is thankworthy, if for conscience towards God, a man endure sorrows, suffering wrongfully. [20] For what glory is it, if committing sin, and being buffeted for it, you endure? But if doing well you suffer patiently; this is thankworthy before God.

I think the above passage is saying that it is the unjust hate for the things of Christ we ought to suffer

Messages In This Thread
88% Approval Rating For Pope Francis - by Skarga - 12-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Re: 88% Approval Rating For Pope Francis - by ArturoOrtiz - 12-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Re: 88% Approval Rating For Pope Francis - by SCG - 12-27-2013, 03:13 PM