The GoreTex!
(03-01-2014, 10:22 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: To criticize the Pope at all would probably make Voris lose a lot of his supporters. Voris is someone whose primary "base" if you want to call it that is neo conservative Catholics, some of who are trad leaning but who are not ready to take that step of criticizing the Pope.  Louis Verecchio and Michael Voris are both Catholics, both passionate and both needed today in the Church but sadly that are at odds and butting heads. This "infighting" shows that even amongst trad leaning and trad Catholics there is a sharp divide. The more neoconservative leaning Catholic just cannot bring himself to question the Pope no matter what.

I don't see Mr. Voris as being the type to not doing something right out of fear of financial loss. I truly don't. His History has sort of "proved" that, or at least strongly indicated that, to me. And I really dislike trying to guess what's in his mind anyway. That sort of thing is something we can't know anything about other than what his external actions indicate -- and there, as I've said, I've seen nothing but guts. He's suffered a LOT for standing up for the Truth (as have I).

I really hate to see sincere, orthodox Catholics at each other's throats. I pray that Mr. Voris and his team re-think their statement about Messrs Verecchio, Matt, etc.-- maybe just say nothing about them altogether if.

BTW, Mr. Voris and his team are TLM all the way in terms of how they worship. I know that there's more than just the liturgy that goes into the making of a trad, but I'm just wanting to clear that up in case folks are wondering.... 

And as an aside:  as a "Catholic web person," I know that one does have to think about prudence in terms of the goals of a given apostolate. And in being prudent, there are tons of things to consider. Some folks hate that I have a sub-forum that allows discussion of sedevacantism (and I am NOT a "sede"), for ex. And I get grief. But then, I get grief if I don't allow such discussion.  Same with discussion of the SSPX (I've never set foot inside an SSPX chapel -- but know, too, that the Church has "okayed" attending their Masses as long as any "schismatic mentality" is avoided -- a concept some folks scoff at, but which I take seriously). Some folks are ticked that I allow pretty blunt talk about sex and homosexuality; others think it's great. To cut tot he chase:  there's no pleasing everyone, plain and simple. And if you have an internet apostolate and are constantly trying to please everyone, you'll stall. You simply have to make the calls and let the chips fall where they may..  Mr. Voris and his team have to do the same thing. I only wish they wouldn't have felt it proper to "take down" Messrs Verecchio and Matt and Ferrara, etc., in the process. Maybe they will change their minds.

--- and in the meanwhile, I pray that the folks here will support all -- or at least not shun or speak ill -- of these apostolates, "leaving the gun, and taking the cannoli" in the process.Take the good, leave the bad. Don't mix up personalities with the apostolates themselves. Truth is Truth is Truth, and there's much to be learned by listening to what all these men have to say. And there's much to be said for not "shunning" people, thereby engaging in "virtual trad gang warfare."

Messages In This Thread
The GoreTex! - by The Catholic Thinker - 03-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Re: The GoreTex! - by The Catholic Thinker - 03-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Re: The GoreTex! - by Dmorgan - 03-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Re: The GoreTex! - by austenbosten - 03-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Re: The GoreTex! - by Dmorgan - 03-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Re: The GoreTex! - by The Catholic Thinker - 03-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Re: The GoreTex! - by austenbosten - 03-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Re: The GoreTex! - by VoxClamantis - 03-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Re: The GoreTex! - by Qoheleth - 03-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Re: The GoreTex! - by austenbosten - 03-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Re: The GoreTex! - by VoxClamantis - 03-01-2014, 10:22 PM