Rules for avoiding Bad Books, Films, Magazines, Internet, Etc.
It is true that the Church is in a horrible state right now and I can't imagine who in the clergy I'd even trust to make such a list of Forbidden Media.  The USCCB?  They already write movie reviews and they're terrible... I think Brokeback Mountain got a higher rating than the Passion of the Christ. 

When the Index of Forbidden Books was written, it was also during a time when you could look at a man with a Roman collar on and see a priest with the authority to preach the truth of the Catholic Faith.  As traditional Catholics in the modern era, we don't have that luxury--our trust in the priests is that wounded.  Even with traditional priests, I don't trust everything they say.... I trust my parish priest but I usually avoid listening to sedevacantist priests for example.  A sedevacantist would probably take the words of my parish priest or an FSSP priest with a grain of salt as well.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Rules for avoiding Bad Books, Films, Magazines, Internet, Etc. - by Chestertonian - 04-10-2014, 11:50 AM