A Heart Beat Away From Judgment: Are You Ready?
Jesus described the road to salvation as hard and narrow, while the road to damnation wide and easy. I think that many in the Church fool themselves into thinking they are secure, simply by being religious. Religiousness does not automatically equate with holiness, as evidenced by the harshness Christ had toward the religious hypocrites described in the Gospels.

Salvation is not about merely following religious rules, but rather the transformation of the soul, beginning by a sincere turning away from sin. According to Scripture, a person who claims to love God but hates his neighbor is a liar, and there is no truth in him. Elsewhere, Jesus warns than not everyone who call out  "Lord, Lord! "will be saved, and warning about the tortures of Purgatory, Jesus warns how His Heavenly Father will treat us if we do not forgive from the heart:

“Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’  In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”(Matt. 18:32-35)

The fact that you do not know when your moment of death will be, there is a chance that in a few hours from now you could very well be lying in a morgue somewhere, already having been judged. After all, Jesus always warned to watch and pray, because death often comes like a thief in the night, when we least expect it.

If you knew you would be dead in 3 hours, what would you be doing different right now? I'm sure you wouldn't be wasting g your time on the Internet.

St. Faustina described what some people living right now will be experiencing later tonight, because they put off being ready for that moment of judgment:

Messages In This Thread
A Heart Beat Away From Judgment: Are You Ready? - by Gabriel Serafin - 06-16-2014, 08:59 PM