Big Fan of Voris. Done with the "Lesé-majesté " policy
(09-23-2014, 10:38 AM)SCG Wrote: Yep, that's what I always say. No doubt we live in a different world and we constantly have to adapt to our new environment.. but today I can only describe it as "Pope Frenzy." The social media is still relatively new. Maybe things will quiet down in a decade or two.

I remember when some posters on here were all worried early on that Pope Francis was trying to downplay and limit the papacy by referring to himself as the Bishop of Rome (never mind that this title is the most fundamental and theologically important and which constitutes him as "Pope" with all that goes with it).  For better or worse, he actually seems to have papal influence at an all time high, with way more people than I can remember trying to conform themselves to his every breath or even rumor of breath while the faith of others lives and dies with every breath he takes or is rumored to take. :shrug:

Messages In This Thread
Re: Big Fan of Voris. Done with the "Lesé-majesté " policy - by SaintSebastian - 09-23-2014, 02:00 PM