Re: Masons, Knights of Columbus and Vatican II
(09-27-2014, 08:55 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(09-26-2014, 08:34 PM)Zea mays Wrote:
(09-26-2014, 08:04 PM)Myname Wrote: I'm a knight, and I can tell you that there is a very strict "No Freemason" rule.  Not only can you not join the freemasons and be a knight, but you can never have been a freemason. 

This means that if a man had been a freemason before converting to Catholicism, he still may not be admitted to the knights.

i doubt thats true. thats what the sacrament of confession is for, to forgive us of sins. can you show documents that state this policy?

I think he's 100% correct. If not, they, the KofC, would be in conflict with the letter and spirit of the rules against Freemasonry in the Infallible Magisterium of the Holy Roman Catholic Church. It would appear that it needs to be better inforced. The disrepute that the Mason membership brings on a council is sadly most evident at our parish KofC social gatherings. Its always the same ones who get a little too tipsy and all.

As for the forgiveness of sins, try using that line of logic in a court of law. Ya, confess your sins and you are pardoned by God, but there still might be a hefty 'corporeal' societal debt to pay too! The 'Authorities' want their pound of flesh, God can have the rest of you.

and thats fine, if he can show the documents that he says exists that says "if you are an ex mason, then you can never be a knight" then ill believe his statement.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Masons, Knights of Columbus and Vatican II - by Zea mays - 09-28-2014, 06:22 AM