Circumcision linked to increased risk of autism in young boys
(01-14-2015, 04:38 PM)Philomena01 Wrote: Since I have 3 sons, all circumcised, by this statement, I am a horrible mother who has committed 3 grave sins.

And since St. Peter was Jewish, and was circumcised and no doubt had his sons circumcised, he too is a horrible person who committed grave sin.  Yet, Christ chose him as His successor to run His church on this earth.  So this horrible, monster of a father, who mutilated his sons by circumcision, was loved enough by our Savior to be entrusted with the keys to the kingdom?  Yes, it all makes perfect sense to me.

Yes, you committed a grave sin.  Did you believe you were doing what was best for your sons?  Did you circumcise them out of malice?  Then no, you're not a horrible mother.  As with any other grave sin, intent and knowledge mitigate culpability.  You don't have to be a horrible person to commit a grave sin.  Pretty decent people commit grave sins as well.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Circumcision linked to increased risk of autism in young boys - by Melkite - 01-14-2015, 05:14 PM