Why the Extraordinary? (Documentary project)
You are aware of "Extraordinary Faith", currently airing on EWTN, aren't you? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfbI5hq...vkUX-hfgbw
I'm not saying that to discourage you, not at all, there cannot be enough of these, and there are many things that could be improved.

IMO (and that might be surprising) there should be a part about the Jewish roots of the TLM, about its similarity to temple worship, and the similarity of a Traditional Church layout to the Temple. There was an interesting interview on youtube (I think it was with parishioners of Ssa Trinita dei Pellegrini) with a convert from Judaism, and she said the TLM helps her connect with her Jewish roots.
The reason it should be in is that it shows that the modernizers did not just do away with "medieval superstitions", as they claim, but even with Traditions that date back to pre-Christian times, and thus with the links that connect the Old and the New Testament.
It is also often a good topic when discussing with liberals, when they get their ire worked up about things like the separation of the sanctuary and the restriction of people entering it, and suddenly realize that they are not only accusing Trads, but also Jews.
I don't know who would be a good person to talk to about this, though. Fr. Oppenheimer? But I think he is not a convert himself, he is the son of one.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why the Extraordinary? (Documentary project) - by Freudentaumel - 02-03-2015, 02:30 PM