I need help finding a video or article online
(03-23-2015, 06:36 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: Years ago, I remember either reading an article or seeing a video about a monastery that fell apart when the nuns stopped wearing the habit.  This monastery was once notable for its number of nuns- it was the largest, but I don't remember if it was the largest in its state (California, I think) or in the country.  They allowed psychologists or sociologists to experiment on them by having them wear lay clothes.  Wanting to be progressive, they gave it a try.  It led to homosexual activity, other forms of decadence, and eventually destroyed the monastery.  I want to say the monastery- again, once the largest in either the state or the country- eventually closed for lack of numbers.  I'm sorry this is pretty vague, but it's vagueness in my memory is why I have to ask about it.  Does anyone know which monastery this was, and does anyone know where I might find the video or article that talked about them?

If they let psychologist and sociologist convince them to get rid of their habits then I would say that they had stopped hearing God's voice way before all the scandalous behavior you described above.

Messages In This Thread
Re: I need help finding a video or article online - by Azygos - 03-24-2015, 03:20 PM