Should the two "Catholic" justices who voted for gay marriage be excommunicated?
(06-26-2015, 10:45 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: Apparently, two Supreme Court justices who are "Catholic" voted for gay marriage.  They're Anthony Kennedy and Sonia Sotomayor.  I don't know how seriously Catholic they were to begin with, but surely after voting for gay marriage, the Church must/should do/say something, if not excommunicate them outright, right?  Guess that's not likely under Francis.

They should be excommunicated, but that is Cdl. Wuerl's job, not mine.  If they are not formally excommunicated, they should be denied communion.  This seems to be one of those issues that just isn't talked about in church.  Even orthodox priests won't preach on it for some reason.  Maybe this ruling will force the issue in church a little more.  People need to know what the Church teaches- that people of a homosexual orientation are loved by God, and that they can find true fulfillment in Him and in following the teachings of His Church.  I have only heard a priest preach on this subject one time, and it was for a group of maybe ten people at a Mass for a young adult organization.  Maybe this ruling will force the issue to be preached on in church a bit more.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Should the two "Catholic" justices who voted for gay marriage be excommunicated? - by Credidi Propter - 06-27-2015, 02:38 AM